Welcome to my blog.. Fashion my way.

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Dare 2 Aspire

Exactly a week ago today I attended the Dare to aspire Business conference in Atlanta Georgia. This was its 8th anniversary and boy was it an eye opening experience for me and many in attendance. 

Founder Tosi a motivational speaker, business owner had a well rounded panel of speakers; who in their own right are successful business owners. 

Here are some of the pointers I learned from some of the speakers


Vanessa Parker 

owner of a Lucrative business called pink Boss  spoke on how you have to know who exactly your customers or what demographic your brand wants to reach and maximize on that. She further elaborated on the importance of having a business card because the average person kept one for 8 months. Lastly and believe most importantly she emphasized on having a merchant account such as PayPal, cash app, etc and researching further on which ever picked. Read the FINE PRINTS!!! 

pink boss


Bonus: As your business grows to international levels, avoid credit union accounts and use named brand banks such as Chase, Bank of America, Capital one etc  as these cater to international business account laws



Arnesha BOBO

An account for top 100 fortune companies such as st Jude and owns her own firm. She by far in my opinion was the most eye opening speaker for most of us in attendance. I mean she spoke on business taxes, difference between an Llc and a corporation and how all this affected how Uncle Sam would come after a business depending on how it was registered with the revenue authority. Also different states had different tax laws. 

Lastly she gave a website for any aspiring business owners or current owners to get free mentoring at 

score.org

Jea Nash 

Radio personality spoke on how to get your brand noticed. She advised on partnering with a non profit or having an extension of a non profit to any brand. Also the power of networking but smart networking with people that match your brand or what you stand for



Kesha Denise 

A boutique owner was straight and to the point. Alibaba or Ali express were not sites she recommended for products for any boutique. She instead advised on going to markets, where u could look at fabric and touch it. Also going to business conferences such as dare to aspire 


Marlo Hampton 

Guest of owner, Reality Tv personality of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and owner of simply Marlo Llc .Being a huge #RHOA fan and how she is portrayed on the show, One would conclude that she is stuck up. But she is the sweetest most down to earth Diva who loves everyone as much as she loves her labels ( I joke I joke) But seriously she brought so much positive input during the panel discussion. She talked about how her past motives her, how she feels women need to stick together uplift one another. Her non profit partners with well know designers in ATL to dress high school graduates for prom


Tosi Ufodike 

Owner of hair yum and founder of dare to aspire. The most sweetest person and is doing everything to help women realize their God given potential. Her advice on juggling being a mother, business owner and all around boss. Was that something will give in but to be done in moderation. And her motivating force were her beautiful kids. In a way I related to her. ( not on a business level but personal side) I am a mother, have a full time job as a Nurse my daughter is my motivation, I love blogging and I sometimes feel guilty not being with my daughter but I most certainly try my best to juggle. That’s why there is a lapse in content on my gram. 



Miss Mykie 

Project Rehab owner as Tv personality 

Spoke on how she is using her story of a recovering alcoholic to impact anyone suffering from addiction. She spoke on how the entertainment business can get to you and make you feel like you have to play catch up and keep up with everyone. And yet somehow through all that she has managed to find peace and stay sober for over a year. Go Mykie











I know this was long post so thank you for reading and I hope my recap gave you a few ideas on how to open or improve your business or brand. I highly encourage visiting Dare to aspire for a more detailed write up of each speaker and they offer online seminars 

Thanks for reading: Picture credit from my blogger boo 

jojo stylez











Share:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig